Salute the Heritage Reward the Effort
Membership Key Awards acknowledge the importance of effective recruitment in membership growth by recognizing the number of new members a Lion has sponsored.
Each of the 17 Membership Keys is designed to reflect the number of new members sponsored. Keys are automatically issued after the new members have remained Lions for a year and a day.
1. A new member must remain a Lion for a year and a day before the name may be used as credit toward a key, to be issued the 13th month; except where the sponsored member dies, transfers or moves from the community before the expiration of a year and a day.
2. The name of the new member, with the sponsor's name, member number, and club number, must be reported on the club's Monthly Membership Report or MyLCI. (For existing clubs only.)
3. Charter, transfer, and reinstated members cannot be used as credit for a key.
4. Only one sponsor per new member can receive credit for a key.
5. No sponsor shall receive more than one key of the same type.
6. Requests for sponsor changes must be received by the Membership and New Club Operations Department within 90 days of the new members' join date.
Each key is a lapel pin with a clutch backing. For the Senior Master (recognizing 25 members) and above, the lapel pins are complemented by a distinctive medallion and presentation ribbon.
For More Information:
Membership Operations Department